Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Car Line

At our preschool we have the option of carline in the mornings. All throughout K3 I have never done it. Never even considered it. Well, this year was no different. For some reason, I like walking Cole in to his classroom. Even when it's cold, rainy or cold and rainy and toting all three kids. Sometimes it probably makes more sense to do the carline but bottom line, it never crossed my mind to start. Forward to today......










Starting this year, every now and then Cole would mention carline asking if he could do it or asking why he didn't do it. And since I liked walking him in, I would always have a reason to walk him in or I would just tell him I liked walking him in. And everytime he asked, my answers would be fine to him. Until today....as we were about to make the turn into the preschool, he unbuckled his seatbelt, ran up to me and said, "Mommy, can I PLLLEEEAASSSEEE ride the carline today? He caught me off guard, I was not ready with a reason so I had to say yes. Desparately hoping he would change his mind and want me to walk him in. But nope, all I got was the BIGGEST grin and one excited little boy.


And so there he went, walking into the preschool with all the other car line riders. As I sat watching him, he instantly grew up about 10 years. My once "Momma's boy" is so grown up and independent now. As me and the girls drove home, I cried all the way wondering where my little "baby boy" was. And I've come to realize he's grown up right before my eyes and soon he'll be five.......oh boy, this Momma is going to need some help when kindergarten rolls around.

0 comments: